Statement of Purpose
We provide services for people over the age of 65, personal care and adults with dementia mental infirmity.
AA standard of excellence which embraces the fundamental principles of good care practice.
Aims and objectives
It is the aim of Coastal Homecare to deliver personal care and associated domestic care to clients in the home environment, to a standard of excellence which embraces the fundamental principles of good care practice.
It is the objective of the organisation to provide a service of the highest quality, to improve and sustain the client’s overall quality of life. By meeting the following objectives:-
- To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non discriminatory fashion, whilst respecting each client’s rights to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and the right to make informed choices.
- To ensure that each client’s values and needs are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood, disabilities and impairments.
- To ensure that the care service is delivered in accordance with the agreed contract of care.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development, to enable client’s needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively, to make the best use of resources and to maximise best value for both the purchaser and the client.
- To match the nominated Care Assistant as closely as possible to the client, respecting the need to change the care assistant in the event of non compatibility.
- To ensure to fulfil our responsibilities under the Health & Safety At Work Act (1974) towards employees, service users and others affected by work activities.
- To undertake a Risk Assessment of environmental Health and Safety hazards within the client’s home, and to ensure that any hazards are reported to the client, client’s family or advocate.
- To ensure that all clients are provided with written information on the organisations procedure for handling complaints, comments and complements. Information will also be given on how to use it.
Philosophy of care
Coastal Homecare’s Philosophy of Care aims to promote and reflect the values that focus upon the individual client, as being central to the care service planning and delivery of care.
In order to achieve this, Coastal Homecare will draw upon the fundamental core values of care which underpin the service values. These are the basis for the provision of individual care services.
Coastal Homecare believes the best person to plan his or her future is that person. We will help our client’s to fulfil their expectations and aspirations and we will enable them to make their own plans and decisions regarding their life.
- Respect for the intrinsic worth, dignity and individuality of the client. His / her racial identity and cultural heritage.
- Autonomy and independence of personal decision making, including the assumption of risks as well as responsibilities associated with citizenship.
- Choice of occupational activities, lifestyle and the maintenance of independence, including the opportunity to select from a range of options where possible.
- Participation and integration in society, in the development of plans, policies and decisions affecting the client’s life.
- Fulfilment of personal aspirations and abilities in all aspects of daily life, including the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Maintenance of privacy from unnecessary intrusion, together with the safeguarding of confidentiality.
- Equality of opportunity and equal access to services irrespective of age, race or ethnic origin, colour, creed, religion, political affiliation, disability or impairment, marital status, parenthood, gender or sexual orientation.
The realisation of these values together with the level of help and support required to achieve individual goals, will be a unique process for each individual – as everyone is a unique individual. However, the value principles remain constant and provide a foundation for the provision of care to all, regardless of personal circumstances.
RANGE OF QUALIFICATIONS OF DOMICILIARY CARE WORKERS
Domiciliary care workers will undertake initial induction training, to introduce them to the organisation, its philosophy of care, aims and objectives, policies and procedures.
All Carers within six months of commencing employment are required to register for their NVQ in Care, which should be completed within twelve months.
. Training will also be provided in:-
- Manual Handling.
- Abuse Awareness.
- Health and Safety.
- Fire Safety.
- Food Hygiene.
- First Aid.
- Dementia Care.
If we are unable to provide you with your usual Care Worker, we will inform you in advance and ensure you know the name of the replacement worker.
Service Users will be asked to sign their daily log when the carer enters their home and when the carer leaves, to confirm time of arrival and departure.
We have a comprehensive set of policies regarding the safety of the service users and our staff. All staff will be trained in Health and Safety. All carers will wear identity badges. Carers will ensure that the service user’s property is secure when they depart i.e. all doors and windows are locked.
Coastal Homecare has a formal complaints policy and a copy of which will be enclosed for the client’s information in the Service User’s Guide.
We will also welcome any positive feedback.
The Agency Manager is Karen Owen RNA.
In the unlikely event the Manager is to be absent from the agency for more than 28 days, the C.S.S.I.W. will be informed no later than one month prior to the proposed absence.
CHARGES FOR THE SERVICES
The cost for care will be £13.91 per hour.
Half hour calls will cost £9.50.
These charges will be payable in advance.
Quality Assurance and Standards of Service
As an organisation involved with continual improvement and development, this is what you can expect from COASTAL HOMECARE:
- Respect for your dignity and independence
- Give you privacy
- Offer you choice
- Help you live as full a life as possible
- Respect for your rights
- Ensure that you are not subject to discrimination in respect to age, gender, race or sexuality.
We continually consult with our Clients and Care Workers through informal interviews and questionnaires.
Additionally our Manager will constantly monitor care staff performances to ensure they meet your requirements.
The Registered Providers are Robin Owen, and Karen Owen who has a wealth of experience of over 20 years in Health Care, having worked in Glan Clwyd Hospital, St. James University Hospital, Leeds and two Hospitals on the Isle of Man.
She is a qualified Registered Nurse.
AREA OF SERVICES
THE AGENCY WILL PROVIDE SERVICES WITHIN THE PRESTATYN AND DISTRICT AREA OF NORTH WALES.